Total Pageviews

Friday, July 20, 2012

Hitler died of...



Hello and thanks for stopping by, again!

In effort to keep my readers abreast to my goings on, I just wanted to post a quick note of a topic of discussion that came up yesterday... How did Adolf Hitler die?

Well, I was lecturing about the difference between bacteriostatic and bacteriocidal antibiotics, when a student blurted out, "suicide!;" that was her word association for "bacteriocide." Later in the evening, the word "genocide" came up, during the discussion of medical diseases specific to certain ethnic groups, i.e. Sickle Cell Anemia, Thalasemia, etc. Then, someone blurted out, "Didn't Hitler die of suicide?" At that moment, I thought to myself, "How did Hitler die?" So, I took a second to look it up....

Apparently, Adolf Hitler, whose mother was a Jew, is said to have committed suicide, possibly by gunshot or cyanide poisoning. His actual cause of death appears to be uncertain. However, had he not killed himself then, he probably would have by now... considering all this talk

over here in the United States about change and all. I'm sure he would have been ecstatic about meeting our President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama ;-)

Yeah... If you live long enough, you too will learn that time brings about a change!

Take care and have a super-duper weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: