Total Pageviews

Monday, January 21, 2013

Obama Part II: Blacks, Latinos, gays, & military

It is quite the honor and pleasure to observe this weekend and today as a celebration of freedom for my people.  How apropos it is that our 44th President, the intelligent, skillful, debonair, distinguished, and Black President Barack H. Obama is delivering his inaugural speech at 12:11 p.m. today.  On the day that we nationally celebrate the birthday of our great civil rights leader, the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


In the past, medical injustices, such as the Tuskeegee Experiment, plagued the African-American community.  As a result, the American Medical Association was able to develop diagnostic and treatment protocols for the bacterial disease called, "Syphilis," courtesy of, but unconsentually through my people. 

So, you bet I am motivated to research and write about patient rights, health disparities and the impact of pharmacogenomics on health care choices, especially patient choices on medication use.  As a United States Navy Veteran, woman of color, with an overwhelming passion for writing and studying pharmaceutical outcomes, policy, & research, I have finally concluded that it is my duty to heighten awareness of such injustices, while introducing helpful information to the public that can aid in making more intelligent decisions about health and options to healthcare.  Besides, there was a time when I would have been prohibited from learning to read and write.  Now, I openly, legally, and zealously write every chance I get, and without reprimand.  Some love it, and the others do not matter much ;-)


As our President pointed out today, our journey is not complete until equality is actually reached.  To me this includes access to healthcare, health information, and education as well as military enlistment, discharge, and treatment of military veterans.  Meanwhile, I am standing by, readily available to document injustices and
overcome them with the sword of literacy.  Won't you join me?


Find out how to receive notifications and copies of my posts by sending me a simple email message.  Please type DOMZ WORK in the subject line and EMAIL ME by clicking HERE!

Now, let's CELEBRATE our 44th President and our freedom =)  Thanks again for stopping by!!!! 














2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a nice post! I have mad respect for anyone in the white house. Big responsibility to run the world!
employee discount programs

Domanique Culpepper said...

Thanks, Terrance. It really is a big responsibility.