Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sex toy regulation





Okay, so I previously posted about Kandi Burruss' rhythmic sex toys; that's one of her products in the picture. Here's the link:  Massage with rhythm


But as I study drug regulation, trying to focus on my assignment about the role of regulation of drugs and medical devices, I couldn't help but wonder... Who regulates sex toys??? I guess it's only natural that my brain would think such a thought, smh...

Of course, I looked it up and learned about an association called, "National Association for the Advancement of Science & Art in Sexuality (NAASAS)." Apparently, sex toys are categorized as novelties, and not medical devices. Therefore, they are not regulated by the FDA or Food and Drug Administration. Instead, sex toys are said to be "self-regulated" by the sex toy industry. As a result (at least one of the results), sex toys can contain "phthalates" and lead paint, unlike children's toys; phthalates are chemicals commonly added to plastics, in order to heighten its flexibility and durability.

This was definitely a juicy lesson learned for me! No pun intended. Click the title (Sex toy regulation) above to learn more about the NAASAS.

Thanks for stopping by! See ya soon =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post. I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts.
Womens Sex Toys

suunitha said...



Sex toy Adult sex toys have become an integral part in the sex lives of many adults today. Adam & Eve offers a wide selection of erotic toys, from old favorites to the latest innovations. With such a vast selection, we have something for everyone.sex toys in India