Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

NEW DRUG: PROSTATE CANCER



Let me tell you what I heard today! I heard that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new drug called "Xtandi" (or enzalutamide) for the treatment of prostate cancer in men who continue the fight of their lives, even after having certain male-reproductive organs surgically removed; they call it "late-stage (metastatic) castration-resistant prostate cancer."

I often urge men, especially Black men, to get their prostate exams done. But just because there's a new drug on the market, doesn't mean I will be less vigilant about recruiting men for prostate exams. We've come a long way, but we still have a ways to go!

Congratulations and THANK YOU, FDA! Click the title above (NEW DRUG: PROSTATE CANCER) to visit the FDA's website.

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon =)

No comments: