Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pharmacy robbery!


I knew it!  I knew it!  I knew it!!!!  Another attempted robbery of a pharmacy took place last night (Tuesday, November 27, 2012) at a Palm Bay, Florida Walgreens.  The 20-year old robber pointed a gun at a pharmacy technician and a pharmacist, demanding that they provide him with their oxycodone supply.  Multiple Walgreens customers and patients waiting to get prescriptions filled were key in getting help to the pharmacy, as they used their mobile telephones to call 911. 

Most of my pharmacy career (90%) has been worked in a secure environment, such as military, hospital, and home health pharmacies.  Since working in a retail pharmacy environment over recent months, I must say that it is my least favorite, mainly because of the safety risk, especially since the work space is far too accessible to the public for my comfort.  I say install plexiglass and a teller speaker, for starters!

It's a shame that we can't even go to work in peace anymore.  We have got to make more changes to ensure a safer work environment for pharmacy staff.  But at least the pharmacy robber, in this case, was arrested and detained at a local hospital, where his gunshot wounds are being treated.  Other than that, no one was hurt.

Thanks again for stopping by!

No comments: