Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Why are you STILL single?!@#$%^&*()







You're so beautiful and smart, and ... Why aren't you married?  Well, I'll tell you why I'm not married.  I'm not married because I break off relationships at the hint of betrayal, especially in the form of infidelity and physical/emotional abuse; my sweet kindness is often mistaken for a weakness.  But like I told my godfather (God Bless his soul; R.I.P.), when I left my ex-husband... "I will not tolerate maltreatment."  By this, I mean I MUST be the main priority or we can NOT be together, period.  For example, unlimited access is a two-way street; courtship must precede marriage; pampering is a must; my pretty-face-intelliegence-multi-skill combo package will not be dismissed or overlooked, we will not shack up together and/or make babies prior to marriage; in-laws will not have more influence over our relationship than I; and I like my diamonds in princess cut ;-)

Loosen up, Domanique!  You're too uptight!!!  My response: "OH, WELL!"  Why should I put my needs and desires on the back burner, only to let a man have his way?    Meanwhile, I'm still in my prime and it's full-steam ahead with my career and educational goals, personal improvement, and emotional stability.  All of whom are not or can not actively contribute to my career and educational goals, personal improvement, and emotional stability (Translation: MY OVERALL WELL-BEING & HAPPINESS) are hereby disqualified from all activity pertaining to Domanique Culpepper.  No apologies.  My uncle used to say, "I laugh and joke, but I don't play!" 

Ultimately,we must respect and accept one another, to include honesty, submission, and trust; as you can see, I take these things seriously.  When these traits are absent from relationships, the balance is thrown off, and we move closer to an unhealthy relationship; at this moment, I am re-living the writing of my third book, entitled TELL-TALE SIGNS OF A TRAIN WRECK...and I am now, VERY pleased to have come to the epiphany of it all, put it on paper, and published it!

At the end of the day, it's about creating and maintaining healthy relationships.  The same goes for all of my relationships actually, whether friendships, familial relationships, workplace dynamics, or social/professional networking.  So, in the words of my wonderful Grandma Lottie, I must say, "Pee or get off the pot!"

Again, thanks for stopping by!  Toodles!!!

No comments: