Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Health Care Hustle



$4.1 Billion! That's a lot of money. A program called "Health Care Hustle" is airing right this moment on CNBC that discloses testimonials and details on arrests of health care providers for defrauding our federal government out of billions of dollars. Attorney General Eric Holder is shown making a speech, disclosing that $4.1 Billion have been recovered, though there are more funds to be recovered.

Basically, health care providers, such as the doctors and nurses identified on this TV show use people like me, professionals with medical billing, coding, & pharmacy background, to report more services than were actually provided. In exchange, health care providers are reimbursed at a generous rate and pocket the money.

This reminds me of a chapter (Two-timing millionaire) in my third book, "Tell-tale signs of a train wreck." I've also written an article on this topic in the past, which can still be found on Florida Today's website. FYI: click the title above (Health Care Hustle) to access my Florida Today article.

I'm proud to be an ethical health care professional ;-)
OIG, you can count on me to do the right thing!

No comments: