Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Question of the month



Well, we are more than half way through the month of May. Depending on what I get to witness, I may amuse you with a QUESTION OF THE MONTH post for the month of May. Metoprolol tartrate, the generic for Lopressor (Beta-blocker anti-hypertensive) is a VERY commonly filled prescription drug and one of the first anti-hypertensives learned by a pharmacy technician; that is if the technician was ever formally trained/educated. So, when I hear a question like, "Does metoprolol have a diuretic in it?" It causes me to pause and think, "Really?"

My tip to uneducated technicians who manage to slip through the cracks is to be more careful how you treat those of us who are educated and properly trained, as we can all learn from one another ;-)

I'll leave you with a saying that my Grandma Lottie used to tell me alllll the time... "You can learn something from anybody, even a fool."

Click on the title above to read more about metoprolol, which is used for hypertension and other conditions, such as migraine headaches, but it is NOT a diuretic ;-)

No comments: