Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Healthy Pet Love

My beloved cat turned 18 years old this month!  He's my BFF and the best kitty in all the land.  I dread the day he goes home to Glory, which may not be far off ... =(

However, in focusing on the positive and wonderful times we have shared, I thought it to be important enough to share with the world that having a pet is good for your health! 

At this point, it's probably common knowledge that pets help decrease stress and bring more happiness to a household.  However, I found some details through the New York Times that confirm the positive health benefits of exposure to pets.  I prefer cats myself, but dogs are pretty awesome, too!

The New York Times article, to which I am referring, explains the positive health impact of dogs in individuals enduring Autism, speech pathology, depression, and Alzheimer's.

Click the title above, "Healthy Pet Love" for the full story.



No comments: