Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Community Involvement: It Matters




Life is a funny thing. As it begins to come full circle, we realize what truly matters. Community Involvement is an integral piece on my "What Matters" list.

This photo was taken at my alumni association's annual scholarship gala. Our guest speaker and FAMU's Director of Alumni Alumni Affairs, Carmen Cummings-Martin (left) and Dick Blake (center), Chapter President and City Councilman accompany me. The Brevard County Chapter of Florida A&M University, National Alumni Association, Inc. Scholarship Gala, yielded 7 more scholarships. This comes in addition to the half-dozen scholarships awarded in January of this year, during our Recruitment Reception at Harris Corporation.

It's an amazing feeling to share myself and my time with my community.
Cheers!

No comments: