Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pride or CAUTION?



It's Day ONE of the New Year, and I am feeling encouraged! Believe it or not, I feel even better than I look! My Pastor preached an interesting Word and the choir sang some very important hymns that are quite personal to me; one in particular is called, "Encourage Yourself." It's the story of most of my adult life. However, there was one part of today's sermon that I happen to slightly disagree with...

Back when I was growing up, the "setting" and time may have been more conducive to confidence and compassion. But nowadays, folk seem to prey on the weakness of others. So, it may not be "Pride" per se, that is stopping folk from reaching out for help. Perhaps, it may be caution. Perhaps, folk are more cautious about airing their dirty laundry, due to the fear of not knowing in whom they can actually confide. Personally, I can relate. What I should say is that I can 100% relate. In fact, my third book, which I happen to be working on right now, spells out a few scenarios of abused trust.

Also, more often than not, our light shines so brightly that it offends others in the process. Well, as I stated earlier this morning, LET IT SHINE! (Matthew 5:16) Please, do not make the mistake I made in the past by trying to cover your light, trying to blend in or avoid offending someone else; that doesn't mean be boastful or prideful, however. Meanwhile, let them leave the room, if they can't stand the luminance of your light, not vice versa. This is another hot topic in Book #3, including a couple of scenarios regarding lady "survivors" trying to date the facade of a man. Remember ladies, the man is the head of the household, the leader. So, pick one who won't lead you into a ditch.

My book signing is a little over a month away, and I am on schedule with Book #3. So, stay tuned ;-)

Maybe life is a game of chess, after all.

No comments: