Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Time well spent

So, we're finishing up our second day of our seminar on pharmaceutical outcomes and policy today.  One of the interesting diseases that we are discussing is the treatment and cost of macular degeneration; an eye disease that affects an individual's ability to see fine details.  Just so happens, that I've already written an article on this particular disease several months ago.  So, now I get to think about what I wrote and relate it to this particular presentation...

Click here to access my article Domanique's article on AMD

We're discussing two drugs in the treatment of macular degeneration.  One is called "Avastin," and the other is called "Lucentis."  Apparently, Lucentis is the more expensive product.  It's interesting to discuss treatment options of a disease, cost, and contributing factors to compliance and results of treatment.

So, yeah... I am very pleased to spend almost my entire weekend at UF with my college of pharmacy professors and colleagues ;-)

No comments: