Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Parenting: What's the matter?

The handbook on how to raise a child.  If there ever was such a thing... Yet, we all know that girls and boys are generally taught different gender roles.

In my book "Tell-tale signs of a train wreck," I expound on some of these roles, and the consequences of failure to fulfill them.

My focus has since shifted to the upbringing of my own child.  My goal is to teach him the importance of developing and maintaining strong family ties, while encouraging his individuality, independence, and perseverance; attributes that I possess myself, which makes it easier for me to lead by example.

One day, he will meet a young lady and fall in love.  I want him to be equipped with the self-esteem and other tools necessary to nurture and provide for his own family, so as to ensure his manly competence; that's my job, as a parent.  It's a matter of fact, a matter of life, and a matter maturation.

Mommy loves you, Gabe!

No comments: